How ISO 9001: 2015 Compares To Its Predecessor
ISO 9001 is an international standard that species requirements for manufacturer’s quality management systems. Precise Tooling Solutions earned the ISO 9001:2015 certification by demonstrating an ability to provide consistently high-quality products and services that meet regulatory and customer requirements.
The ISO standard is used in over 150 countries, and is reviewed frequently to ensure it remains useful and relevant. The scope of the current ISO standard -- ISO 9001: 2015 -- is broader than its predecessor. The most noticeable change in the new standard is that incorporates organizational risks and supply chain efficiency.
The current ISO standard focuses on these seven quality principles:
- Customer Focus
- Employee Engagement
- Process Approach
- Continuous Improvement
- Evidence-Based Decision Making
- Relationship Management
ISO 9001 Provides Multiple Benefits to Manufacturers and Customers
Customers and manufacturers receive valuable benefits from ISO certification:
• Independent assessment rms must be involved in a manufacturer’s initial ISO application. Third party assessment brings legitimacy
• These same independent rms conduct the annual audits that lie at the heart of the post-certification process. (Precise Tooling continues to use Perry Johnson Registrars, an industry leader)
• Attaining ISO 9001 certification requires detailed descriptions of virtually all operational processes using relevant business metrics, and self-process audits that ensure ongoing focus on reducing and eliminating wasteful processes
• Smart customers know ISO certification recognizes industry leadership and high levels of consistency that results in fewer customer complaints
Benefits To Manufacturers
• Achieving ISO 9001: 2015 certification at Precise Tooling has been instrumental in strengthening our customer relationships, attracting new customers and entering new markets
• ISO standards have improved quality for every process and every product across our organization
• Our craftsmen have detailed knowledge and relevant metrics for virtually every process
• Every customer sees Precise Tooling’s commitment to continuous improvement on every one of their projects
• Customers know our craftsmen have the best equipment to do their jobs and are empowered to please the customer
As an industry leader we understand the importance of a strong quality management program. It's the common thread woven through the Injection Molds we build, our CNC Machining services and our Ergonomic WorkStations.
We’re proud to be ISO 9001 certified. Our certification validates our success implementing improved quality processes that create a more efficient work space for our craftsmen, as well as improved product quality and reliability for our customers.